Monday 5 March 2012

1st Foot Guards 2nd Battalion 1685

Here is my final battalion of the King's Foot at Sedgemoor 1685 (apart from the Wiltshire Militia.)
This is the second battalion of 1st Regiment of Foot Guards.

Firstly a close up then the usual shots.






















As mentioned previously I need to complete the genadier companies for all the regiments. I've stated them and will continue to paint bits as I go along. (Kirke's grenadiers already done!)

Also, the three Guards regiments were larger in number than the other regiments so, in time, I'll be adding more musketeer companies to the Guards units to get the proportions correct.

12 comments:

  1. Those minis are just beautiful. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice unit! Great work. What base size do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments.

    Base sizes are 45mm wide x 50mm deep. Based on sizes from 'Beneath the Lily Banners' rules by Barry Hilton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job on the painting they look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you get the red coats so bright, I'm having real problems finding a paint solution that I like, yours are just what I'm trying to achieve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments.

    Private Spike - in my February Archive of this blog I've done a posting on 'How I paint Red'. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry olddorg, I missed that, it really helps though and I've now got some redcoats that I'm happy with so thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olddorg,

    What brand of figures did you use for the Foot Guards? They really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1st502strike - figures are mainly Dixon Miniatures (link:http://www.dixon-minis.com/index.php)and a few Wargames Foundry.

    ReplyDelete